Friday, February 3, 2012

Best shoes for parkour

When it comes to the subject of shoes for parkour, you will find many personal opinions, as there really isn't a "best shoe" for this activity, just the best shoe for you. There is however, a category of shoe which work best, trainers. I have a friend that prefers skate shoes because of their grip, but because they allow little to no free movement of the foot, I wouldn't recommend them (unless you're down for a rolled ankle). Parkourshoeshq.com posted "the top 10" parkour shoes on their site, I trust their judgment of shoes, as they test the crap out of them. You can see them Here. I personally have the Nike Free run 2.0 amazing comfort and good grip (new), but they die quickly, I'd say they're a good shoe if you are just starting out.

3 comments:

  1. they all seemed kind of thick in the sole have you heard of the benefits of barefoot running

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have, and I even tried the Vibrem 5 finger shoes, but there's nothing to absorb the shock. But having worked for Uncle Sam, my knees aren't as young as I am, so I need the extra padding.

      Delete
    2. you know running heel first will make your knees worse and the padding just makes your muscle's weaker

      Delete